Informing Public Policy
The Intersection of Research & Governing
The George Hotel
College Station, Texas
November 5, 2018
8:30 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
Created by the Texas State Legislature in 1983, the Public Policy Research Institute (PPRI) at Texas A&M University has filled a statewide niche for applied policy research. The research conducted at the PPRI informs policy-making, provides data to improve program performance, and enhances the overall quality of life of Texas residents. In short, it is research that matters.
In this conference we celebrate the history of the PPRI by examining research within policy areas where the research has made a difference policy, considering the larger role of research institutes within local communities, and exploring the future for applied policy research. Specifically, the conference will include the following:
- Informing Governance Through Applied Policy Research
- Assessing Criminal Justice Policy
- School Discipline and Juvenile Justice
- Building Resilient Coastal Communities
- The Challenges (and Opportunities) Confronting Survey Research
- Research to Improve Public Health
- Policy Evaluation & Workforce Development
Register to attend the conference (free) by emailing email@example.com.
Traveling from out of town? Click here for information about booking at The George Hotel.